How do I locate soil survey reports?
- Go to the Natural Resources Conservation Service Soils website and click on Start WSS for the Online web soil survey.
- From here you can use the interactive map to define an area of interest. The area of interest can also be obtained by inputting and address or other geographic information.
- Once the area of interest is defined click on the download soils data tab near the top of the window.
- Click Your AOI (SSURGO) and click create download link.
- Click on the newly created link to download the file and then extract to a folder of your choice.
- A new window with a folder with a similar name to IN089 should appear. Open the folder.
- An MDB file should be present, double click on it and it will open the file in Microsoft Access.
- Click Stop All Macros, then click Enable Content.
- Go to file and save, save the database before trying to run your report to prevent issues. You must save it as an MDB file.
- You should have a box titled SSURGO Import, you now nee to find the file pathway for your tabular data to create a report. This folder will exist in the IN089 folder. If you double click on tabular you can get the correct pathway in the search bar (ex. C:\Users\ncrespo\Downloads\wss_SSA_IN089_soildb_IN_2003_[2017-1-02]\IN089\tabular).
- After entering the pathway into the SSURGO Import box click Ok. It may take a few minutes to compute.
- You can now select various variables and report types to view.
Was this helpful? 0 0